Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Onward and Upward!


Hello friends,

Here we are back at Puerto Plata.

Monday we spent the day in Santiago. Our group went to Santa Lucia where I try to go every time I come to the DR. There is a little 10 year old girl there that lives beside a stream so polluted that you can´t see the ground in or around it for he garbage.

She is 10 now and for he last 2 years she cries when I leave. I want to tke her home but I can´t because she is the oldest of 5 children. She keeps the house going when her parents drink or do drugs. Here siblings need her. I pay the school, where she attends, a little money for shoes, food or a uniform so that her parents don´t spend it on rum.



Today we go to sign papers to lease the childrens home for 2 years.

Pray for us...

Shane

1 comment:

Sandy Woiden said...

Shane and all supporters
Thank you so much from all Mercy leaguers and children who will be served. What a day!!! Thank you for never, ever losing the vision. I will be praying for you today, as I know this will be the start of a wonderful new chapter.