Thursday, June 21, 2007

Here I am!



Ok Here I am sitting ina little cyber cafe in Puerto Plata. There is Merengue music playing and plenty of conversation going on around. Brendan is standing next to me reading every word oblivious to what is going on around him.

Sorry... no pictures today because there is no way to get the pictures from my camera to the internet yet.

We got into the country yesterday but not without a mishap or two. Ten minutes into our trip the van that I borrowed to transport us to the airport...yes... the engine caught on fire. Don´t ask me but it did... So we were behind the eight ball from the start. Delta make a mistake in their flight scheduling so we rushed to get to an ealier flight when we checked in... It was interesting.

Today was spent traveling to the potential site of the children´s home. It is in a very good location away from the city of Puerto Plata but close enough to be in town in about 5 minutes. The property includes a creek next to it. Water piped from the mountain, a large garden area, fruit trees, a place for animals and a house that is almost 100 years old that the termites have eaten up. It is in terrible condition. Even the price is really good... but that house needs help, badly. It is about 600 to 700 square feet and has a bathing area and outhouse.


The rest of the day was spent at the beach because the people in the group were about to colapse from the heat... I don´t know... It doesn´t seem that hot to me?

So that is the update... we negotiated a price of approx $4000 for 2 years including the garden area. We will talk to the lawyers tomorrow...

you can call me in country at 541-729-1066 (my Oregon telephone number)

Shane

No comments: